A typical question that we get from the customers is what kind of saree and draping style shall suit them the best. So here are some thumb rules that you can refer to when confused:
1. Pear – shaped body – This is when women have heavier bottom compared to the upper part and is the most common body type amongst Indian women. This body shape calls for fabrics that have good and smooth fall like georgettes, chiffons. Sarees can have heavy work; in case these are half sarees, the bottom prints can be small compared to the prints on pallu. You can wear it in Gujarati style, lehenga style or V-neck style.
2. Apple – shaped body – Its just the reverse of pear-shaped body and therefore calls for a completely different saree. Silks look absolutely gorgeous on apple – shaped body some. One can also go for cotton fabric with some nice embroidery to it. Its better to avoid short length blouse as it adds to the broad structure. The saree can be draped in a normal way with the pallu being pleated or just pinned at one end and letting the other end loose over the hand.
3. Plump figure – One can wear similar to the ones for pear-shaped, however, draping needs to be simple to hide all those flabs from showing. Also, full-length blouses look good on these figures. Better to choose dark colours as it makes one look slimmer.
4. Hourglass figure – For the lucky ones, this figure can carry all fabrics, colours and prints. Bright colours are recommended to catch everyone’s attention. Blouses can be of the most stylish cuts to depict glam! All saree draping styles look good especially the small pleated and dhoti style ones nicely wrapped in case of georgette and net fabrics to show off those curves.
5. Petite figure – Contrary to the ones with plump figure, these women should go with fabrics like silk, organza etc that are stiffer and gives a more heavier look. Embroideries and work can be heavy, else one can also opt for bold and big prints. Again blouses can be stylish – backless, halters, sleeveless anything that one is comfortable to carry.
Now that you are aware of what kind of saree, blouse and draping to wear, visit our store to check the best one for you and rent it out for your next occasion!